Sunday 30 September 2012

Chablis, Chocolate and Downton

So, it's out there! My first baby (in books that is). I can't believe how exciting it is. I have never checked my sales so often as I have this weekend! Its doing well! As I write this, I am No 1 in the free 'sex' category (ummm that sounds a bit naughty) What it really means is that I am No.1 in the free Amazon books 'sex' category. Never have been top of the charts in anything, so fabulous! The most exciting discovery is that I am downloaded in all countries apart from France... Perhaps that is because, as I say in the book, the French have a certain 'confidence' in the bedroom so they don't want or need to read the memoirs of anyone else!!

Of course, once the 'free' promotion is over, perhaps sales will tail off, but I hope that they won't. I put my heart and soul into this book, as all authors do....

I was absolutely thrilled to receive a 5 star rating, especially as none of my friends know I have written this book. I am relying on the great 'reading public' to give me their views. It's all very cloak and dagger in my real world. There I am going around my business as normal, but with this naughty book that only I and less than three others know about. Two of them are proof-readers!! However, there are all those people around the world who now know my story, and it's a really weird feeling, not unpleasant, (why publish a book, if you don't want someone to read it??) but still weird. I suppose because I can't share my excitement with anyone apart from my husband, who of course, gave his permission for the book and it's subject matter but does not wish to know the details!!

Anyway, it's Sunday night, it's raining, dog is asleep at my feet, and the house is quiet. I love sitting on the old sofa in the kitchen, IPad in hand and TV on in background. Now that Downton Abby is back on out screens, an extra glass of wine is allowed, even though it's a school night, and two pieces of Lindt 85% chocolate. Bliss!!

Anyway, free promotion of book finishes tomorrow, so if you still want to download it for free, you better get to it! Just type in 'Sex, Love and Chocolate' into Amazon and the rest is magic..

 

No comments:

Post a Comment